Applications are now closed for 2021.
INTAKE #1 NOW CLOSED
INTAKE #2 NOW CLOSED
Funding will be awarded for events that take place between March 1st, 2021 – August 15th, 2021. All final reports are to be submitted no later than September 1st, 2021.
SoundON is a province-wide program that will help bring BC’s resilient music community together. SoundON aims to provide a meaningful outlet of support for our industry – allowing BC’s vibrant music culture to continue working and celebrating in a safe way.
Below is information on how BC music presenters and organizers can apply to access funding for producing music events that adhere to the Province’s COVID-19 health guidelines as they evolve throughout 2021.
- Celebrate local music, build community and support creativity.
- Provide direct funding support to the BC music sector and open opportunities for local musicians to connect with new audiences.
- Present music on a variety of digital platforms and spaces across BC.
- Unite the community by promoting local music across a digital platform and create connections between local musicians, promoters, BIAs and the music industry at large.
- Act as an amplifier for music to flourish in a digital format and focus on the rich musical and cultural diversity in our province to create high quality legacy content.
- Provide opportunities for BC presenters and music companies to get personnel back to work on live-streamed and recorded productions.
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships across BC’s music ecosystem.
- Support opportunities for music tourism, education, artist and professional development.
Who Can Apply
The applicant must be a presenter/organizer of live music who fits into one of the following categories:
- Limited companies, partnerships or sole proprietorships
- Incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organizations of BC Society
- Organized collective
Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months or more prior to and at the time of applying.
How It Works
If your application is awarded funding, we’ll work with you to publish your show into the SoundON event lineup featured on soundon.ca. You’ll stream your event through YouTube, Twitch, Facebook or other broadcast platforms, and we’ll amplify your production through SoundON.ca, our partners, and on social media.
Your presentation may be ticketed or free to watch, with each artist receiving a guaranteed fee and all crew paid for their services. All applications will be moderated through a juried grant process.
Presenters will be expected to curate a BC-based lineup, produce and promote their event—and deliver an amazing show for audiences across the province to enjoy.
Questions? Reach out to email@example.com for more information or review answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
INTAKE #2 DEADLINE: May 31st, 2021 (5:00PM PST)
Eligible BC presenters (please refer to program Guidelines & Eligibility) can apply to present a showcase through SoundON. Successful applicants will receive $5,000 CAD in funding for live music events taking place in British Columbia between March 1st, 2021 and August 15th, 2021.
Please review the full program guidelines to ensure you are ready to start building your application: Guidelines & Eligibility.
Applicants based in BC are invited to join a free virtual info session to learn more about what’s new for the program this year, hear from program administrators on program goals, guidelines and eligibilities as well as have a chance to ask questions to representatives from Music BC and SoundON regarding the application process and alike. SoundON and Music BC will also offer further clarifications on the guidelines and eligibility for this intake period.
Still have questions? Head to our FAQ for more information.
ONLINE APPLICATION DETAIL
Your online application will require the following information:
- Presenter Info; name, organization, city, region, years active
- Artist/Group Info; performing artist/group name, contact info, diversity & regional representation
- Event Info; a short description on how you plan to achieve the program goals (include detail on inclusivity, originality, diversity and regional representation). Include your strategies for promotion and team, digital streaming platform, proposed budget allocations and relevant event links.
- Full event budget (please download the template provided here) including all projected revenues and expenses. Applications will need to show a minimum of $5000.00 in expenses to be deemed eligible for funding.
Please reach out to info at soundon dot ca for more information