Applications for 2021 are now closed.
INTAKE #1 NOW CLOSED
INTAKE #2 NOW CLOSED
INTAKE #3 NOW CLOSED.
Funding will be awarded for events that take place between March 1st, 2021 – October 15th, 2021. All final reports are to be submitted no later than November 15, 2021.
Please Note: Applications for virtual, in-person or hybrid events will be accepted for Intake #3. If you are a Recipient from Intake #1 or #2 who has not yet executed their event and wishes to amend the scope of their event to include an in-person audience, please contact our team with your proposed changes as soon as possible and before your event takes place: email@example.com
SoundON is a province-wide program that will help bring BC’s resilient music community together. SoundON aims to provide a meaningful outlet of support for our industry – allowing BC’s vibrant music culture to continue working and celebrating in a safe way.
Below is information on how BC music presenters and organizers can apply to access funding for producing music events that adhere to Phase 3 and Phase 4 Communicable Disease prevention recommendations and health guidelines.
- Celebrate local music, build community and support creativity.
- Provide direct funding support to the BC music sector and open opportunities for local musicians to connect with new audiences.
- Present music on a variety of digital platforms and/or in-person spaces across BC.
- Unite the community by promoting local music across a digital platform and create connections between local musicians, promoters, BIAs and the music industry at large.
- Act as an amplifier for music to flourish in a digital and/or in-person format and focus on the rich musical and cultural diversity in our province to create high quality legacy content.
- Provide opportunities for BC presenters and music companies to get personnel back to work.
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships across BC’s music ecosystem.
- Support opportunities for music tourism, education, artist and professional development.
Who Can Apply
The applicant must be a presenter/organizer of live music who fits into one of the following categories:
- Limited companies, partnerships or sole proprietorships
- Incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organizations of BC Society
- Organized collective
Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months or more prior to and at the time of applying.
How It Works
Submit your application for an in-person, livestream or hybrid event. If your application is awarded funding, we’ll work with you to publish your show into the SoundON event lineup featured on soundon.ca. You’ll stream your event through YouTube, Twitch, Facebook or other broadcast platforms, and we’ll amplify your production through SoundON.ca, our partners, and on social media.
Your presentation may be ticketed or free to watch, with each artist receiving a guaranteed fee and all crew paid for their services. All applications will be moderated through a juried grant process.
Presenters will be expected to curate a BC-based lineup, produce and promote their event—and deliver an amazing show for audiences across the province to enjoy.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or review answers to our Frequently Asked Questions.
INTAKE #3 NOW CLOSED
Eligible BC presenters (please refer to program Guidelines & Eligibility) can apply to present a showcase through SoundON. Successful applicants will receive $5,000 CAD in funding for live music events taking place in British Columbia between March 1st, 2021 and October 15th, 2021.
Please review the full program guidelines to ensure you are ready to start building your application: Guidelines & Eligibility.
Still have questions? Head to our FAQ for more information.
ONLINE APPLICATION DETAIL
Your online application will require the following information:
- Presenter Info; name, organization, city, region, years active
- Artist/Group Info; performing artist/group name, contact info, diversity & regional representation
- Event Info; a short description on how you plan to achieve the program goals (include detail on inclusivity, originality, diversity and regional representation). Include your strategies for promotion and team, proposed budget allocations and relevant event links.
- Full event budget (please download the template provided here) including all projected revenues and expenses. Applications will need to show a minimum of $5000.00 in expenses to be deemed eligible for funding.
Please reach out to info at soundon dot ca for more information