With live venues closed, shows and festivals postponed or cancelled, and reopening dates for the sector still being determined, SoundON is helping to lead the way back for BC’s music sector.
SoundON provides BC presenters and artists with direct support to get back to doing what they do best: creating unforgettable live music experiences.
SoundON is collaborating with public and private partners to build a unique platform to celebrate the resilience of our community and raise funds for the recovery of our sector. It’s not just a relief campaign, it’s a whole new way to discover BC music through curated, online experiences. Streaming live music performances, concerts, DJ sets and workshops, all on one free website, SoundON will have something for everyone to enjoy.
SoundON connects BC presenters, artists, and audiences.
Information for Presenters
The SoundON application is currently open to music presenters that meet the following requirements:
- You’ve got to be local to BC
- You must be an established presenter and feature the work of BC musicians
- You must be a registered business, not-for-profit society, or collective*
- The BC artists you select must have access to a reliable internet connection, laptop or tablet, or camera for the purposes of live-streaming or pre-recording their performance
*Individuals are not eligible to apply directly for funding, however, we encourage you to collaborate with a presenting organization, festival, or venue to submit an application.
How you’ll be supported:
- You’ll receive direct funding to pay artists, your team, and production
- You’ll become part of a BC-wide campaign
- You’ll help tell an urgent, important story about our resilience and creativity
- Your voice, region, community, and artists will be amplified through the SoundON platform and our media partners
- You’ll be able to leverage existing funding, bring in additional partners, and collaborate on producing shows